From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject drill into a doc with a GET?
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 02:18:08 GMT
Hi,

first, couchdb is just beautiful! :) (using 0.8.1-incubating from
MacPorts)

I am very new, and have read the available docs and several blog posts.

Can you drill into a doc with a simple GET?

Say I have a doc like:

{"_id": "a", "_rev": "123", "foo":{"bar": 1}, "big-ass-prop": "huge
amount of stuff"}

Ideally I would like to be able to call something like:

http://127.0.0.1:5984/mydb/a/foo

to return {"bar":1} and avoid downloading "big-ass-prop"

Is this or something like it possible?

(I realize "foo" is a 'sibling' of the _id in the document, but it is
probably treated more like a parent in the DB?)

If not possible, is it possible to create some kind of default action/
filter/? that does something like the above? That is, reads the
request uri, recognizes it is a document and that there is extra path
info which should be used to resolve a property.

thanks,
-Rob