From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.9 Progress
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2008 06:02:51 GMT
On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 9:57 PM, Adam Kocoloski
<adam.kocoloski@gmail.com> wrote:       ...

> +1 for being able to easily move derived data around.  In fact, I think it'd
> be better if all the derived data on the server shared a common root that
> was separate from the canonical data.  I opened a ticket (#168) about this a
> month ago.  Sorry I didn't chime earlier on the ML to voice that viewpoint.

Adam,

I tried to set up the above so that #168 will work. Since the views
are in .indexes, and the originals in .couch, you could store them
together in one directory or separate roots. I'm thinking a config
item for data_dir plus one for derived_dir ... which can be different,
but by default are the same. This makes it least different from the
current implementation, but with the advantages we want.

I think it works - please look for holes in my reasoning.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com