From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on performance of getting document by id
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 19:49:45 GMT
On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 10:07 PM, Manjunath Somashekhar
<manjunath_somashekhar@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This means 1000000/(3*60*60) ~ 93 gets per second. Is this the current performance benchmark
? or is there some thing stupid that i am doing. BTW this is way too slow for the application
i was exploring couchDB for.

This seems slow. What is your Erlang version? It will say at the top
of the `erl` command line interface. You should be newere than 5.5.5
at least. I'm not sure what the exact cutoff for usable Erlang is, but
we're working on adding an error message at build time if your Erlang
is not up to date.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com