From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: what does map do?
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 08:03:55 GMT
On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 11:45 PM, Paul Jobs <webjogger@gmail.com> wrote:
> what are you guys trying to do with couchdb
> can you show a few examples

Paul,

I appreciate your questions.

People are using Couch for all kinds of things.

I got into it because I use it to spider the web for a side project of
Grabb.it's. It made my life hella easier. I'll spare you the details
of how we used to do it, but with Hadoop / Nutch + CouchDB, my
cognitive load is greatly reduced. I think making things easier on
developers is priority #1. CouchDB did that for me, that's why I'm
here.

This url is full of all kinds of open source software that involves
Couch somehow: http://github.com/search?q=couchdb

It's worth getting comfortable with git just to have easy access to
all this software.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com