From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ordering by values calculated by a map/reduce
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 23:04:00 GMT

On 02/12/2008, at 6:08 AM, Damien Katz wrote:

> What you have created, I think, is a custom view engine.

Yes. I'd also like to allow an _all_docs_by_seq request over the
external control stream so that the external doesn't have to make an
HTTP request, which would IMO improve performance and clean up this
pattern.

> I hope to see more of this (Lucene FT indexing support is another
> example), maybe you could write up how you did it? Can review the
> code or design first, if it helps.

Sure, I'll post once I have a moment to package and clean up the code.

BTW: There are a number of different ways to greatly increase server
performance using notification driven caching - do you have a any
response to my post in couchdb-user titled "Write/Read/Notification
synchronization" ?

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

If a train station is a place where a train stops, what's a workstation?