From "Daniel DeLeo" <devnull...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding attributes to a document in the view?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 18:28:55 GMT
What I'm looking at doing is adding some attributes to a doc in the view and
saving them via a round trip to a client (running on the same machine,
though).  docs that have already been updated would (of course) be excluded
from the view.  The point of this is that other views can operate on the
"extracted" data in the updated documents (removing the need for code
duplication).

I'm just investigating this as one possible approach--the obvious
alternative would be to process the data before putting it in couch in the
first place, but this has some disadvantages in my application, so I'm
trying this approach, too, in order to compare them.

Thanks for the tips and quick replies.

Dan DeLeo