From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Auto-adding additional fields on PUT/POST? (datetime stamps)
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 22:50:36 GMT

On 04/12/2008, at 9:07 AM, Chris Anderson wrote:

> It should just be clear that timestamps are the application's
> business, not the database's.

But it's possible for Couch to be the application, especially if you
use your apps-in-the-db approach. I'm not sure I see any fundamental
difference between a validation function in a design document and some
javascript in an attachment, of even a function inan _external handler.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

Hi, I'd like to do $THING. I know that $SOLUTION_A and $SOLUTION_B
will do it very easily and for a very reasonable price, but I don't
want to use $SOLUTION_A or $SOLUTION_B because $VAGUE_REASON and
$CONTRADICTORY_REASON. Instead, I'd like your under-informed ideas on
how to achieve my $POORLY_CONCEIVED_AMBITIONS using Linux, duct tape,
an iPod, and hours and hours of my precious time.
   -- Slashdot response to an enquiry