From "ara.t.howard" <ara.t.how...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple search criteria with ranges
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:53:08 GMT

On Dec 15, 2008, at 10:46 AM, Dean Landolt wrote:

> I don't think it's the actual intersection that kills, but the
> downloading
> and json parsing of what would be megabytes of data (just the docids
> alone
> for 200k docs would be quite a few mb).

yeah that is a good point.  it's about 1.7 mb per 100k of json ids.
if the 'client' were actually like a rails instance running on the
same box or subnet as the db i guess that could work out, but
otherwise it's a pretty tough sell.  i wonder about doing something
creative with indexing both an attribute and an id and them limiting
by start/endkey and docid....  sure seems like this should be solvable.

cheers.

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama