From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.9 Progress
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2008 01:34:57 GMT

On 30/12/2008, at 5:55 PM, Chris Anderson wrote:

> While it's exciting to be bike-shedding so vigoriously, my mind keeps
> coming back to the things we could do to make CouchDB rock:
>
> Full Unicode database and design doc name handling:
>
> I think flexible database urls are worthy goal. We still need to
> figure out how this will look on the file system. (Antony, any luck on
> the name stubs?

Trivial, but I'm waiting for the gatekeepers to say 'do this work and
we'll put it in', because I have to move it to HEAD, which given
testing etc is some work, and then I'd want to get it as clean as
possible, commented etc.

I'm looking for feedback on the canonical/derived containment issue,
the idea of having a defined directory for _externals to store data,
and the idea of putting said directory/ies into the dbinfo call (and
hence also each _external request).

I'm happy to do the work required, but given that I've published a
proof of concept, I'd rather not do more work until I know it's worth
it.

Antony Blakey
-------------
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd