From Mark Gallop <mark.gal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Installation of couchdb on windows xp
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2008 22:59:55 GMT
Yoryos wrote:
> Mark Gallop  wrote:
>
>> Hi Yoryos,
>>
>> Yoryos wrote:
>>
>>> althought the version I've downloaded is 0.8.1 but futon seems to work
>>> just
>>> fine until I tried to run the tests when most of them faild
>>>
>> Are you using Firefox 3 to run the tests in Futon?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mark
>>
> Hi Mark,
> Thanks for the response. I've used both firefox 3 and google chrome. I had
> problems with both of them. But this is something that I didn't care much as
> I thought the problem has to do with the right installation of couchdb. As I
> said before when I try to start the server I get a "Apache CouchDB
> *0.0.0*(LogLevel=info)" message witch to me seems strange as I've
> downloaded and
> installed (at least tried to!) version 0.8.1.
>
> Cheers,
> Yoryos

I mentioned Firefox 3 as I believe it is the only browser tested with
the Futon interface. Maybe you could try the code from trunk(??)

I am using CouchDB with no problems on ubuntu. Can you use a unix like
OS, or cygwin, just for testing and then move to Windows properly when
working builds are available?

Cheers,
Mark