From Andreas Wenk <a.w...@netzmeister-st-pauli.de>
Subject Re: CouchDB in the wild
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 11:38:14 GMT

Hi Lenz,

Jan Lehnardt schrieb:
> Hi Lenz,
>
> On 9 Dec 2008, at 01:33, lenz wrote:
>
>> i wrote a small blog post about our setup today and wanted to share it
>> with
>> you as CouchDB got mentioned quite often.
>> http://blog.ideegeo.com/2008/12/09/iwantmyname-using-erlang-and-couchdb-behind-the-scenes/
>>
>> .
>>
>> We use CouchDB in production here (a svn built about a month old) and
>> have
>> moved more and more functionality from PostgreSQL to CouchDB during the
>> development process. If someone has questions about implementation,
>> usage,
>> production setups, ... feel free to ask me.
>>
>> btw, the sales guys love to edit the TLD databse (with futon) and
>> replicate
>> the changes to the prod DB (via ssh).
>
> Terrific!
>
> Thanks for sharing your CouchDB success story. This is the kind of stuff
> we love to hear :)
>
> Do you want to add iwantmyname to
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/CouchDB_in_the_wild?
>
> And I am with Noah here, the visuals on http://iwantmyname.com/ are just
> lovely. Good job!
>
> Cheers
> Jan
> --

just wanted to say thank you for the blog article. I am really interested in more case
studies of your project (and for sure also other CouchDB based projects).

We also use a PostgreSQL database (and are happy with that ;-) ) for our application and I
would like to know more about integrating CouchDB for some jobs parallel to PostgreSQL.

Maybe you will find the time to write about your experiences when you port more and more
from PostgreSQL to CouchDB - as you allready wrote in the articel ;-) I think these "real
life" case studies will help to spread CouchDB for users like me.

Greetz

Andy