From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changing rev to _rev in view results (Was: Re: newbie question #1)
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2008 23:21:19 GMT
On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 09:47:23AM +1030, Antony Blakey wrote:

> On 30/12/2008, at 4:11 AM, Dean Landolt wrote:
>
>> Of course, given the lore around here that Damien has this thing
>> designed in his head all the way through 2.0, I think it's a safe bet
>> metadata would remain fairly stable for some time to come.
>
> I don't thing that's very good reasoning.
>
> What about version 3, 4, ... etc? Why not design it to be stable and
> extensible *by design*, rather than attributing god-like predictive
> powers to someone.

I can see it from both angles, of course we should be discussing things on
technical merit and not some fluffy concept of who's better at predicting
things. On the other hand, Damien has a significant head-start on us all with
CouchDB and Lotus Notes before it, so if I was going to trust anyone's intuition
it would be his.