From "Paul Carey" <paul.p.ca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Arguments for Reduce function
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 16:06:03 GMT
Hi Raj

At a guess you're trying to get the doc count based on a particular
characteristic of the doc.

You might want to try something like

function (doc) {
  emit(doc.i, doc);
}

function (keys, vals) {
 return sum(vals);
}

and then query with something like

/my_db/_view/app/by_i?startkey=null&endkey=pivot
/my_db/_view/app/by_i?startkey=pivot&endkey={}

varying pivot as you wish.

If you wanted to see all the docs, simply query with reduce=false

Also your reduce function probably wouldn't behave as you'd expect
when invoked as a rereduce - at some point the values param would be
[values.length, a, b] array returned from a previous invocation.

Hope this helps

Paul