From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: another CouchDB evaluation Q
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 17:29:41 GMT
On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Liam Staskawicz <lstask@gmail.com> wrote:
>  - is the notion of a variety of sources (threads) of write data an issue?
>  I've gathered that it's not from my investigations so far, but would like
> to make sure I've understood everything properly.

I think multiple sources can make things easier. If your various
sources are relatively independent (and independent summarized data is
acceptable) then you'd do well to have each source write to its own
logical database. They can start out living on the same node, but by
picking such an easy way to shard, you'll have more flexibility with
replication later should some of those sources outstrip the ability of
a single node to absorb writes.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com