From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Largest CouchDB dbs?
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 05:19:11 GMT
Also on second reading of the email, make sure to leverage loading
documents via _bulk_docs. When I load huge numbers of documents I tend
to try and load a couple thousand at a time. If an update fails I fall
back to a binary search to find the offending record. There's an open
request for identifying the offending records.

View updates are admittedly slower than we'd like. There's planned
work on making this sort of thing parallelized to automagically fill
out multi-node clusters. Last I remember this is a 'probably 1.0'
feature though.