From Damien Katz <>
Subject Re: Document Updates
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 17:31:42 GMT
Not necessarily relational, it depends on the use case and how much
you can denormalize. But if the document keeps growing, is it really a
document, or bunch of documents bound together?

While some XML databases allow documents that are gigabytes or even
terabytes in size, CouchDB documents are meant to be individually held
in-memory. And while both operate on documents, the query and access
models differ greatly. It might be that XML or relational database is
a better fit for your app.

View raw message