From Troy Kruthoff <tkruth...@blit.com>
Subject support for massive numbers of databases on a single node
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:36:36 GMT
I was reading the Nov 2008 board report on the wiki (http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/BoardReportNovember2008

) and a reference to "support for massive numbers of databases on a
single node" caught my attention, as we decided a few months back to
hold off on using couchdb for our next project because our project
requires "massive amounts of databases" and at that time, couch
created a few files for each db (in /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb/ by
default), whereas with a RDBMS we could use a table-space concept and
not run into file-system constraints.  I've looked, but can't find any
other mention of this topic.  Does someone know whats up?  In short,
with the multi-key stuff in trunk and support for lots of databases,
I'd rather be relaxing on the couch...

-- troy