From "Dean Landolt" <d...@deanlandolt.com>
Subject Re: action servers
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 01:16:39 GMT
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:09 PM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Dean Landolt <dean@deanlandolt.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > It's got everything you referenced (and the paths look right -- it's a
> > strait install). So I'm still at a loss. Ah well -- I'm trying to slap
> > together an unobtrusive google reader clone so I've gots plenty to do
> before
> > I need to worry about persistence. I can just do everything in the
> browser
> > in the meantime.
> >

> Figured this one out. Just a silly oversight on my part. Installing on
> a fresh Macbook fixed it for me. I bet you're missing the file
> /usr/local/share/couchdb/server/action.js because I left it out of the
> Makefile.am. Doh!
>
> If you pull again from action2, and then ./bootstrap && ./configure
> etc, then it should work. Please let me know if this doesn't fix it.
>
> Sorry for the noise - I must have hand-copied action.js there ages
> ago, and now I'm working off of `make dev` and `utils/run`.

I actually figured that out yesterday and had an email to the list written
and ready to go. I was out of town all day today so I never sent it, but
yes, all it took was action.js and I was in business.

Thanks again Chris (and Paul) for your work on the external/action servers
-- it's pretty amazing stuff and I can't wait to really have the time to
sink my teeth into it.