From "Thibaut Barrère" <thibaut.barr...@gmail.com>
Subject [bug?] Log states write permission required on var/run folder, but in fact seems to require execute permission (0.8.1)
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 16:18:26 GMT
Hello,

could not find the info either in Jira or on the Wiki so I'm reporting back
here.

While deploying CouchDB 0.8.1 on Solaris 10 I noticed the following message:

[ Nov  5 16:00:21 Executing start method ("/opt/local/bin/couchdb -b
-o /opt/local/var/run/couchdb/couchdb.stdout -e
/opt/local/var/run/couchdb/couchdb.stderr -p
/opt/local/var/run/couchdb/couchdb.pid") ]
Apache CouchDB needs write permission on the PID file:
/opt/local/var/run/couchdb/couchdb.pid
[ Nov  5 16:00:21 Method "start" exited with status 1 ]

The log reports a missing write permission on run/couchdb but in this case
it is writable for the couchdb user.

Adding execute permission (chmod 700) solves the issue.

Do you think it's a bug ?

cheers,

Thibaut
--