From Liam Staskawicz <lst...@gmail.com>
Subject partial/diff updates?
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:57:24 GMT
When updating a document, is there any notion of submitting a partial
update?  It seems like being able to specify that only some subset of
the fields in a document should be updated would offer some efficiency
benefits.  I guess I had in mind some scenario where CouchDB would
create the updated record by merging the existing revision with the
new info and saving the updated revision, but I'm still new to CouchDB
so I don't have a good sense of whether this tramples on any important
concepts.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Liam