From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: partial/diff updates?
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 01:47:18 GMT
On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 11:31:49AM +1030, Antony Blakey wrote:

> On 28/11/2008, at 10:36 AM, Chris Anderson wrote:
>
>> The question becomes why not just use seperate docs?
>
> Because the difficulty of doing real joins in a map/reduce framework
> leads to larger documents that are destructured into smaller fragments

I too do not buy this argument. It's like saying that the answer to scaling is
to build smaller websites. There a instances where documents will be large
enough that sending partial updates will be beneficial and I think the sooner we
embrace this fact this the better. The only problem we face is that of
standardisation, everything else is a distraction from the real issue.