From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Document Updates
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:38:09 GMT
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 08:30:17AM -0800, Michael Ramirez wrote:
> Will this cause bandwidth issues when updating large documents if only a
> single field changes. I am afraid that as my documents grow larger my app gets
> slower.

I for one am interested to hear JSON diff proposals. I think this would make a
great addition to CouchDB. As best I can tell, this should really be done as an
external standardisation effort so the whole community could benifit. I don't
think using JavaScript to set the document attributes is a very good solution to
this. An entirely new Media Type is needed, IMHO.