From Dmitrii Dimandt <dmit...@dmitriid.com>
Subject Re: DBs lost after CouchDB Update
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:17:09 GMT

--On November 14, 2008 12:04:49 PM +0000 Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hey Dmitrii,
>
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 12:37:43PM +0200, Dmitrii Dimandt wrote:
>> I performed an svn update on my couchdb, and upgraded it to the newest
>> version
>>
>> Futon shows all previous databases. However, it doesn't list database
>> sizes and doesn't show any documents inside the databases. What could
>> possibly be the problem? Thank you
>
> Because CouchDB is still alpha software we are still improving the core
> database format. Unfortunately, these changes are backwards-incompatible
> sometimes. If you stick to our official releases you can review our
> release notes, where we will always add warnings about breaking changes
> so that you can prepare your setup before doing an upgrade.

That's pretty much what I figured :) Decided it was worth panicking though
:) It's not that I have loads of data (I'm currently experimenting with
CouchDB, <http://code.google.com/p/sew-wiki/>), but I thought it would be
wise to ask just in case this wasn't the expected behaviour

> However, there is hopefully a solution for your current situation.
>

> Now, you can install the latest and greatest CouchDB version and use the
> same tools to re-import you data.

Thank you! I'll keep those tools on my radar