From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: couchdb's ruby libraries are hampered by Net:HTTP slowness
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2008 23:22:34 GMT
On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 2:59 PM, ara.t.howard
> step two: use the client provided by rfuzz, it's the fastest pure ruby one.

The rfuzz client is fast, but it's designed to be picky. Once I saw it
raise an exception against amazon.com

Also, I second the interest in
http://github.com/jfairbairn/fasthttp/tree/eventmachine

as I wrote on Ben's blog,

I've been thinking that the CouchDB project should start collecting
benchmarks, and integrate them into the build so we can start keeping
stats.

It's a big job, but starts with little things like putting benchmarks on github.