From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couch_util:new_uuid problem?
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2008 00:06:59 GMT
Ayende,

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see the problem.

I suppose you could technically claim that we're not setting the
version bits properly but that seems rather not important given that
we have the revision protection. Also unless I'm mistaken this would
only be a problem if someone is using an external UUID generation
scheme that happens to be extremely not random. Which while possible,
would still send up red flags on constant collisions on document
creation.

Paul