From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bulk Delete
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2008 21:55:52 GMT
Here is a recent explanation of PURGE I posted to the dev list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/couchdb-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg00942.html

There are tests in the API that show how it's invoked from a client.

We need add the relevant information the wiki, but for the most part,
applications you don't need to worry about it. And attempting to use
it as a replacement for delete will end up causing indexes to get
rebuilt from scratch alot, so it's use should be discouraged by most
applications.

-Damien