From "Jaap van der Plas" <j...@brightin.nl>
Subject Multiple filters on a large data set
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:25:41 GMT
Greetings,

We like to build a database with approx. 50.000 documents. Every
document has at least about 10 fields. We think CouchDB would be nice
solution because there's a big variety of documents (like different
fields).

We intend to use this for an online catelog. We like end users to be
able to search with multiple fields (like filters). Any combination of
fields should be possible.

1. Is this possible to do this without creating temp_views for every query?

2. If not, is using temp_views viable performance wise on this sort of
dataset.

TIA