From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple filters on a large data set
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:11:08 GMT
> code. This feels to me like something a database should take care of,
> and might become problematic when you have your webpage code talk with
> couchdb directly.

Be very wary of yourself when you think such things. Generally its a
sign (at least for me) that you're not realizing how deeply your SQL
brainwashing runs. And generally when I get to this point if I just
step back I realize there's probably a decent way to do it with couch.

Though, in this particular case you have come to a somewhat lacking
area of couch in its ability to handle dynamic queries as such.

And, just a thought, whenever multiget and include_docs lands, you'd
be able to do this pretty easily as:

get set of documents for tag
for rest of tags:
    multiget set of documents where other tag

it'd be an iterative weeding out of docs.

At least. I think that'd work....

Paul