From "william kinney" <william.kin...@gmail.com>
Subject couchdb and a large, large database
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 18:25:29 GMT
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with a couchdb
database of at least 100GB, maybe 2 TB? We are thinking of using it to store
some crawled data, but are unsure about the scalability of reading it after
it's been populated. After indexing it at 20MB/1901 records (about 2
minutes), it takes a good 12 seconds to start returning the data on a
generic server.

I am trying to imagine it trying to read and respond GBs of data but I'm
scared to test it out. I'd imagine just indexing the view (on initial
request) would take days...

Anyways, I know in theory it should work well, but just wanted to check to
see if anyone had any experience.

Thanks,
Will

PS. Love couchdb! Look forward to the presentation in NYC next Tuesday!