From "Brad King" <brk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inventory on CouchDB
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:53:49 GMT
Great insight, I appreciate it. The reason I still need a relational
system on top of this is it just doesn't make sense to handle
something like inventory quantity in a document centric system.
Someone uploads a spreadsheet daily to update all of their inventory
quantities, you only need to change one field, not replace the entire
product catalog. Same for updates when products generate orders and
you need to decrement quantity. You get the picture.

The management concerns aren't around anything in particular, just
adding another technology to the mix we have already, which includes
Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, and Postrgres. Some due to acquisitions,
some home grown in the original product.