From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: view access keeps timing out
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:50:08 GMT

On Sep 11, 2008, at 04:25, william kinney wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently inserted a lot of new documents (10,000) into a database,
> and
> accessing the view (which previously worked and was fine) keeps
> timing out:
> # time curl <view http url>
> curl: (52) Empty reply from server
>
> real    79m35.706s
> user    0m0.007s
> sys     0m0.028s
>
> I couldn't find any details in the logs, however it's only set at
> info.
> would setting it to debug be any help? Has anyone else had any
> issues w/
> accessing a view after inserting a lot of new documents?
> the view map function:
> function(doc) {
>  if (doc.newsResultUrl == null) {
>    emit(doc._id, doc);
>  } else {
>    emit(doc.newsResultUrl, doc);
>  }
> }

do you need your entire docs inside the view? try putting `null` for
`doc` into
your emit call. you get the doc_id in the view result row that you can
use to
fetch the doc data.

we have a patch in the works that lets you specify if you want to get
doc data
with the view in one go, you've got to wait for that for a few more
days, but
you can do single gets in the meantime.

Cheers
Jan