From "Paul Bonser" <mister...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Python CouchDB example
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:10:26 GMT
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Simon Kapeniak
<szymon.kapeniak@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for stupid question. I used to see an example of using Python module
> for CouchDB somewhere on the net (possible on Christopher Lenz website or in
> the module's docs) but I can't find it now. The one present in Wiki is using
> CouchDB without that module. Can anyone remind me a place I can find these
> docs and examples?

I have some example code in a blog post about storing hierarchical
data in CouchDB. There are links from the wiki page about it, as well.

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HierarchicalData
http://blog.paulbonser.com/2008/07/04/storing-hierarchical-data-in-couchdb/

If you look at the mentioned git repository there, you'll find two
python files. create_tree_data.py is an example of building views and
inserting documents from Python, and tree.py has some examples of
pulling data from a view.

I couldn't find many examples of usage of the Python library either,
so I ended up just reading through the code to figure it out.

--
Paul Bonser
http://blog.paulbonser.com