From "Chris Anderson" <>
Subject Re: Is it possible to evaluate a view on a 20.000 documents database?
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2008 21:29:33 GMT
On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Ed Finkler <> wrote:
> On Aug 1, 2008, at 2:05 PM, Chris Anderson wrote:
>> That's how I do it. I've got a bunch of Ruby scripts that do things
>> like replicate 1% of the database, clone a map index to documents in
>> another db, etc. Maybe a cleanup-for-release day is in order.
> Yes please! 8)

I cleaned up subset.rb and remap.rb for release - you can find them here:

subset.rb takes a source and a target database, and randomly
replicates some percentage of the documents from the source to the

remap.rb iterates over a map view yielding an array of values as
associated with each unique key. It creates a document in a separate
target db for each key.

Chris Anderson

View raw message