From Bradford Winfrey <bradswinf...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Any benefit in the pipe from TraceMonkey?
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:51:32 GMT
Wow, I'd stick with the vanilla Spidermonkey for now...By far my favorite thing about CouchDB
is the fact that I can run it on a 256Mb server along-side my web app and it churns and burns
happily even when the load begins to kick up.  Couldn't be happier with it.  Thanks for the
"testing" Jan :)

Brad

----- Original Message ----
From: Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org>
To: couchdb-user@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 2:41:31 AM
Subject: Re: Any benefit in the pipe from TraceMonkey?

On Aug 27, 2008, at 5:57 , Bradford Winfrey wrote:

> Yea, I figured it wouldn't make an enormous difference since the
> vast majority of "power" is left to Erl.  Interesting still!

2x speed for 10x mem consumption on my ad-hoc,
non-scientific testing. The keeping-memory-down
methods of Spidermonkey either are not in place yet
or I was doing it wrong. But i didn't spend a whole lot
of time one it, so take this with a grain of salt.

Yes, I had to try that immediately :)

Cheers
Jan
--