From Sho Fukamachi <sho.fukama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reduce is Really Slow!
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 07:06:06 GMT

On 19/08/2008, at 4:27 PM, Nicholas Retallack wrote:

I can't speak to your reduce experience, other than to say that it's
totally at odds with mine, but can help with the server issue:

> I am using couchdbx 0.8.0  I have been told that 0.8.1 improves on
> javascript views, but I was unable to get it working on my mac.  It
> compiles
> and runs, but when I try to connect to it I am refused.  This is
> strange,
> because Couchdbx works fine when I run it on the same port.

I believe MacOSX by default tries to resolve localhost to IPv6 (:::1)
first and CouchDB only responds to IPv4. You can try disabling IPv6 on
your mac, or access CouchDB at 127.0.0.1, or set the BindAdress in the
config file to 0.0.0.0.

I know people hate hearing "works for me!" but .. works for me : ) try
the above and see if it improves your situation.

Sho