From Richard Heycock <...@roughage.com.au>
Subject Re: Backup of couchdb
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 04:22:22 GMT
Excerpts from Niket Patel's message of Fri Aug 22 09:17:30 +1000 2008:
> Hello,
>
> We started using CouchDB in production system hosted on EC2
> So, I'm bit worried about backup,
>
> I figured it can be as simple as backing up database file and
> replication, still I like to know,
> Is there anyone using couchdb in production and have strong
> suggestions on topic from their experiences.
> I hardly found anything on wiki or web for CouchDB backup.

I'm currently using couchdb on ec2. I simply dump it to s3 and then
restore it when I start another instance. It's not the cleanest way
of doing it but it works well for what I'm doing.

BUT ...

Amazon have just released "Elastic Block Store" which means you can
attach a persistent block storage device your instance. So you can
put your couchdb storage on this partition and it will be persisted
from instance to instance. This makes me *very* happy!

  http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2008/08/amazon-elastic.html

rgh

--
+61 (0) 410 646 369
[e]:  rgh@neoss.com.au

You're worried criminals will continue to penetrate into cyberspace, and
I'm worried complexity, poor design and mismanagement will be there to meet
them - Marcus Ranum