From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is the xapian search ticket still valid?
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:38:41 GMT
Thats the ticket.

I should've mentioned that you can use the _all_docs_by_seq view to
get the list of docs that have change since a certain sequence id.

Sequence id is basically just a number that's incremented after every
operation on the db. So, if you get a status update from
DbUpdateNotification, you would query the view as such:

http://localhost:5984/db/_all_docs_by_seq?startkey=NUM

Where NUM is the last sequence id you processed (or zero for the first
pass). IIRC I was storing this as a meta variable on the xapian
database for persistence.

Paul

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Bradford Winfrey
<bradswinfrey@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think I may have answered my own question here...I'm going to assume you are simply
notified of the change to the database itself (an update, a delete, etc...).  It's then up
to me to re-index Xapian, Sphinx, whatever my fulltext mechanism is by maybe using a tracker
of the last document I indexed?  I maintain the state of my last document indexed and then
grab from there onward perhaps?

of blank lines, I should most definitely be getting back more than just {"type":"updated","db":"dbname"},
correct?  I won't be surprised if it's a "me" problem, but I just wanted to double-check to
see if there's anything I'm missing.  Is there a certain termination character I could watch
for to let me know that the input has completed?

there still that mechanism that will send to anything that listens to STDIN when a record
is created/updated/delete/etc? I can't recall the name of it, I assume it's the db update
notification you spoke of.  Is there a resource where I can see what the product of that is?
For instance, does it produce json or just key:value parameters?

>> Brad

to start implementing a search capability into my application and am trying to keep things
"in the couchdb family" for sanity's sake.