From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: the search api?
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:54:57 GMT
Couples posts all at once, I chose to respond to this one strictly
because it included the phrase mental masturbation.

For Chris's not about the stdio json protocol, there's a patch on one
of the jira issues to make this more standardized. Specifically I
think to match the view server output. Not sure if the one blank line
vs. two is the same, but that should be easy (and is a good idea). I
think the important question though is if this is how things are going
to stay. And there are other fine details, but nothing that should
stand in the way of us hacking something together for the time being.

As to Noah's email, well, I really have no idea. If it turns out that
using GPLv3 is fine, then so be it. Otherwise, if we have to use
something else to get "out-of-the-box-search" then so be it.

And because Dean mentioned mental masturbation, I feel that it's my
duty to link to Linus Torvalds' latest headline making email:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/706950

Paul