From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: the search api?
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 21:12:48 GMT
Heya,

Yeah, the Xapian GPL stuff is kind of a PITA. Lucene would also be an
option for getting around dumb legalities.

And oh holy cow, pyndexter looks pretty interesting after reading the
first paragraph. If it doesn't suck underneath the hood it'd be a
pretty good way to allow people to use whichever engine they want.

The only thing with the FTI is that the future of how we couple
external software to couchdb is in a state of uncertainty. Between
plugins and action servers etc, I was going to wait till there was
something more steady in place before attacking this full force.

The _search url was taken out for the 0.8 release. It should still be
in the lucene branch though. Hacking it back into trunk should be a
fairly trivial patch.

Anyway, hope that helps. Feel free to shout if you have other
questions, or if I haven't managed to answer the original ones.

Paul