From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to set order in docs?
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 21:00:20 GMT
If you emit things in a view, they're sorted by JSON values.

Check out: http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/ViewCollation

In your book example, doing something like:

emit([doc.title, doc.chapter, doc.subchapter], null) ;

would give you a view that had books ordered by chapter and
subchapter. You could also do some nice stuff with the reduce
functions to make that a "get list of books" get list of chapters for
book", etc.

HTH,
Paul