From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene integration status
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 20:29:52 GMT
On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Brad King <brking@gmail.com> wrote:
> Couple of questions on Lucene:
>
> - Is it possible to query a couchdb full text index from the REST API
> or Futon yet?

Kind of. The lucene integration never got fully filled out. I have
some stuff in [1] that uses xapian for FTI. Its not fleshed out but I
think is closer than the lucene stuff.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/couchprojects/source/browse

> - I'm having trouble groking the design document format for Full Text
> Search views, as shown on the wiki. What do the actual emit functions
> for the views to support this look like?

They don't look like anything. You use
http://localhost:5984/db/_search... and oh. Log file says cmlenz
decided to scrap that call for the 0.8 release. But you can check the
revisions, it should be pretty easy to hack back in.