From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Views using JSON Arrays
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 21:23:00 GMT
Just toying around looking at the code but I think implementing this
wouldn't actually be that difficult.

The two important functions are: parse_view_query and
make_view_fold_fun in couch_httpd.erl

The basic idea would be to change the key, startkey, endkey behavior
to be a list of keys instead of just two values. (Currently, key=blah
translates to startkey=key and endkey=key. Changing this to a list and
then adding a flag to emit all docs between the first and last key vs.
only docs that match one of the keys). The only gotchya here I think
would be making sure that the list is sorted properly based in the
direction argument. Also, this list would have to be sorted in
parse_view_query because the beginning fold needs to know the start
key. (Not sure on erlang specifics, but I imagine there's a standard
"sort_list_using_func_as_comparator that you could just pass the
couch_view:less_json function)

Then in the make_view_fold_fun in the PosCount and NegCount functions
in the case block that appends a new object to the response you would
just check that the key is in your list which could be done fairly
efficiently in a merge sort manner.

I don't know about Damien's comment on using a post body code wise.
But I  would imagine that passing the post data to the
parse_view_query should be fairly easy.

Now all I need is an erlang hacker.... Damn it Jim!

HTH,
Paul

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Bradford Winfrey <bradswinfrey@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So it's not something so simple as to do...
>
> http://...?keys[]="val1"&keys[]="val2" as the request.  Meaning keys is an array
and then checking to see if the key being emitted exists within the array that we passed in?
 I'm totally firing this off before looking at the code, so bear with me...