From "Bosko Milekic" <bosko.mile...@gmail.com>
Subject couchdb test suite failing randomly?
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 13:57:29 GMT
Hi folks,

I'm running OS X 10.5.3 on an intel-based MBP.  I installed couchdb
and its dependencies without problems, following instructions in the
docs. I'm running couchdb 0.8.0-incubating.

I'm hitting up the test suite and I'm getting what appear to be random
errors in some of the tests (the errors vary from test suite run to
test suite run).

Whilst typing this, for example, I ran the suite and everything passed
except for the "replication" test which failed with:

# Exception raised:
{"error":"EXIT","reason":"{{badmatch,{error,econnrefused}},\n
[{couch_rep,do_http_request,3},\n {couch_rep,open_doc,3},\n
{couch_rep,replicate,3},\n {couch_httpd,handle_replicate_request,2},\n
{couch_httpd,handle_request,2},\n {mochiweb_http,headers,4},\n
{proc_lib,init_p,5}]}"}

(this running the suite from Firefox2, seems to be easily reproducable)

When running the test suite from Safari, I get seemingly much more
random failures.  For instance, this last run I have:

multiple_rows failing with:
Exception raised: {"error":"conflict","reason":"Update
conflict","line":54,"sourceURL":"http://localhost:5984/_utils/script/couch.js?0.8.0a"}

design_docs failing with:
Exception raised: {"error":"conflict","reason":"Update
conflict","line":77,"sourceURL":"http://localhost:5984/_utils/script/couch.js?0.8.0a"}

replication failing with:
Exception raised:
{"error":"EXIT","reason":"{{badmatch,{error,econnrefused}},\n
[{couch_rep,do_http_request,3},\n  {couch_rep,open_doc,3},\n
{couch_rep,replicate,3},\n
{couch_httpd,handle_replicate_request,2},\n
{couch_httpd,handle_request,2},\n  {mochiweb_http,headers,4},\n
{proc_lib,init_p,5}]}","line":200,"sourceURL":"http://localhost:5984/_utils/script/couch.js?0.8.0a"}

Anyone know what's going on?

Please keep my Email in CC if it's not too much trouble.

Kind regards,
--
Bosko Milekic <bosko.milekic@gmail.com>
http://www.tumbl.es/