From "Scott Raymond" <...@scottraymond.net>
Subject CouchDB Success Story: Gathering Goodness
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 16:13:14 GMT
I'm successfully using CouchDB for a recipe-management application on
Facebook, called Gathering Goodness:

   http://apps.facebook.com/gathering/

The killer feature of Gathering Goodness is its ability to do
one-click importing of recipes from lots of popular cooking sites,
like Epicurious and AllRecipes. Once you've entered a recipe, you can
tag it however you like. Then, because it's on Facebook, you can
easily share your collection with friends, and see what your friends
are cooking.

The application is written in Ruby using Merb, and uses CouchDB for
all of the persistence. I've been very pleased with CouchDB's
performance and stability -- the app has been running continuously for
over six months, with no trouble. CouchDB's Views make certain
features, like tagging, far easier to implement than a traditional
relational database. And its inherent "webbiness" (REST, JSON) makes
it a natural fit for developing web applications.

Scott