From Sho Fukamachi <sho.fukama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: replication usage? creating dupes?
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:20:46 GMT
thanks for the reply damien,

On 16/07/2008, at 1:44 AM, Damien Katz wrote:

> Replication causing duplicate records? We've never seen that, and it
> shouldn't be possible. Maybe you replicated to 2 different source
> databases to the same target?

Hm. Of course it is possible that this is, at heart,  a PEBKAC issue.
I will try to replicate my experience, perhaps I was too hasty in
jumping on the ML ...

> If you can zip up the two databases and mail them to me, or post
> them some where publicly accessible, I can take a look and see if I
> can figure out what happened.

I unfortunately was testing with copies of production user data and if
I did that my boss would literally eviscerate me; regardless I
unthinkingly deleted it upon seeing the error without considering its
significance. However, I will be testing it thoroughly with non-
production data and will send that if it happens again. I've tried the
replication another two times without problems so I really don't know
what's up.

Anyway, thanks for the clarifications - I had thought it shouldn't be
possible for that to happen, and everything you described was just as
I had thought/assumed! Perhaps I just got "lucky" : )

Sho