From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cleanup of design docs
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 15:22:47 GMT
I could be wrong, but I think if you try to access the deleted view,
it will trigger it to delete the actual index file

Whenever it does or not do that now, eventually couchdb views will
have a daemon to update indexes and to do housecleaning, compacting
and deleting views indexes automatically. In the meantime you can
delete the view index files via the OS. This is also a poor-man's
compaction, as couchdb will rebuild deleted indexes usually smaller
than before.

-Damien