From Sho Fukamachi <sho.fukama...@gmail.com>
Subject more newbie questions - how to use more than one key in views
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:18:14 GMT
Hi all,

another n00b view question from an SQL refugee.

I can't figure out how to use views to search for documents by more
than one criterion. For example, I have a node-type content DB with
various properties - user_id, title_slug, and language.

What I can't figure out is how to select by more than one of them at a
time dynamically, rather than having hard-coded views.

For example, what I'm doing right now is something like this:

"map" => "function(doc) { if (doc.type == 'content_node' &&
doc.langauge == 'en_AU') emit(doc.title_slug, doc); }"

Problem is I need an additional filter in there and I'm not sure how
to get it in - and it's far from ideal to hardcode the language. Can I
have more than one key in the emit function? Any examples of this kind
of thing anywhere?

I mean, what I really want to do is

"function(doc) { if (doc.type == 'content_node' )
emit((doc.title_slug, doc.language, doc.user_id), doc); }"

but somehow I don't think it works like that.

Any hints? Examples of similar solutions? Or, just as welcome,
suggestions that I am coming at this from a totally wrong direction
and advice on what I should really be doing?

thank you,

Sho