From Bradford Winfrey <bradswinf...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Is the xapian search ticket still valid?
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:55:49 GMT
Thanks Paul, I'll hold off on that then and just try updating it externally.  Is there still
that mechanism that will send to anything that listens to STDIN when a record is created/updated/delete/etc?
I can't recall the name of it, I assume it's the db update notification you spoke of.  Is
there a resource where I can see what the product of that is? For instance, does it produce
json or just key:value parameters?

Brad

----- Original Message ----
From: Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>
To: couchdb-user@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:45:55 AM
Subject: Re: Is the xapian search ticket still valid?

I'm not certain if that patch will still apply cleanly to trunk. There
was some trimming durring the 0.8 release and the unfinished _search
api got axed. I don't know if this means that the whole mechanics for
having external search processes got axed too.

At the moment, a lot of us are waiting for the couchdb <-> external
processes connection to stabilize before jumping on this.

For the moment, using an external server with access to db update
notifications might be your best bet unless someone else has hacked
together a temporary fix.

Paul

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Bradford Winfrey
<bradswinfrey@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I saw this url - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-74?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
> and was wondering if it's still applicable to trunk as it stands now.  I need to start
implementing a search capability into my application and am trying to keep things "in the
couchdb family" for sanity's sake.