From Kurt Mackey <k...@mubble.net>
Subject Selectively keeping revisions around
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:22:56 GMT
I'm admittedly pretty new to CouchDB, but I'm having a tough time
figuring out how to use the document revisions it keeps around.  As I
understand it, PUTs replace what's there, leaving what's there in a
deleted state until you compact the database, at which point it goes
away forever.

So given that (and correct me if I got it wrong), what's the best way
of keeping revisions around forever?  I have a number of documents
that will be changed quite frequently, and I'd like to get at their
history, provide diffs against it, etc.  Is anyone doing this?

-Kurt