From Dan Connelly <daniel.s.conne...@comcast.net>
Subject Need to troubleshoot: open_error,-10
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 01:43:49 GMT
Oh Relaxed Ones:

I am doing my first install of CouchDB 0.8.   Installing on OpenSuSE
10.3 (32-bit, i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux).    It is giving me an init
do_boot problem, but nothing I can figure out from the dump.

(Previously, I had installed CouchDB 0.7 on SuSE a Pro 9.2 and got it
running okay.   Not so lucky now.)

The exact error I get is "open_error,-10".   Apparently LD_LIBRARY_PATH
is not set properly.   I built and installed erlang from source
tarball:  otp_src_R12B-2.   I installed the ICU libs (Version 3.6)
using  Yast (yummy stuff).   I built and installed SpiderMonkey, Version
1.7.0.

My LD_LIBRARY_PATH includes the SpiderMonkey lib dir.     "icu-config
--invoke" works fine and returns the LD_LIBRARY_PATH with /usr/lib added
(which is where the icu shared objects are installed).

Isn't this sufficient on LD_LIBRARY?   How can I force a verbose
dependency check?

    -- Dan Connelly (not yet relaxed)